The Tech Consulting team is a customer facing, highly dynamic front line support team responsible for providing user support and facilities maintenance in Angell Hall, Ross Academic Center, Computer Showcase-Union, and Computer Showcase-Pierpont locations. The team provides support to Campus Computing Sites machines and user owned devices. Although training will be provided, candidates should be prepared for a continual learning experience and be comfortable partnering with users to solve problems. A successful candidate will be customer focused, self-motivated, friendly, dependable and comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Assist faculty, staff and students with their usage of all technology provided in Campus Computing Sites facilities and services as well as personal device support
- Troubleshoot problems to the best of your ability; refer unresolved problems as appropriate
- Troubleshoot site hardware and re-image machines, troubleshoot and perform maintenance to printers and other sites equipment
- Physically maintain site and workspace (e.g., clean workstations and tabletops, straighten chairs, pick up paper, etc.)
- Maintain the security of the site
- Foster a productive and positive environment in the site by providing feedback and ideas for improvement
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Site Manager, CCS Technical Support Group, or CCS Management
Learn about leading edge, core technologies at the University of Michigan. Be a part of a multi-disciplined, dynamic team. The Tech Consulting team offers leadership experiences, a hands-on learning environment and real world experiences in customer service in an IT environment.
- Must be a student of the University of Michigan
- A commitment to ongoing learning and development
- Basic familiarity with Macintosh and PC hardware and software
- Demonstrated ability to work with others as a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical information (verbal and written) and interact effectively with users and technical staff
- Experience in customer support/service role; must be friendly, outgoing, and approachable
- Enjoy the challenge of continued learning and working in a constantly changing environment
- Ability to lift and carry 40 pounds
Work Hours and Location
Angell Hall Computing Site
Sunday 10a.m. - Friday 11:30p.m.
Saturday 10a.m. - 11:30p.m.
Computer Showcase - both locations
Monday - Friday 8 a.m.–8 p.m.
Saturday 11 a.m.–5 p.m.
Ross Academic Center
Fall/Winter term only
Weekday evening hours varied based on needs of the Academic Center.
$9.50 per hour.
Interested students should complete the online application.
If you experience any problems with the online application or technical evaluation, please send email to email@example.com.