ITS MiWorkspace is seeking responsible students for our Neighborhood IT team. The new team members will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service, including technical desktop support, across campus. Team members need a friendly and positive attitude. Work Study students given preference, but all excellent candidates considered.
Excellent customer service is the primary consideration. Experience with desktop support, specifically with troubleshooting various hardware, software, printing, networking (WiFi & Ethernet), and security is desirable, but not absolutely necessary.
We need proactive, quick learners who enjoy interacting with people of varying degrees of technical proficiency and from different cultures. Good communication skills, verbal and written, are required. Candidates must possess a positive, upbeat, and friendly personality and be self-motivated and dependable. This position requires the ability to work independently, sometimes with minimal supervision, and complete other responsibilities as required. Flexibility in this position is crucial to your team's success; this includes working shifts that help us cover all hours of operations, both days, nights, and some weekends. Perform other duties as assigned by the managers, supervisors, and Neighborhood IT support staff.
Learn about leading edge, core technologies as an active member of a tier two production support team providing MiWorkspace service support to customers at all levels at the University of Michigan. Be a part of a multi-disciplined dynamic team working towards a common goal. Develop skills to support information technology hardware, software, networking, storage, and security in a complex computing environment.
- Providing Tier 2 Desktop Support.
- Working with customers of varying skills, abilities, and cultures.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software, & network issues.
- Assisting with classroom and event support (some audio/video experience helpful)
- Following established processes, procedures, & guidelines.
- Support and collaborate within a team orientated environment.
- Actively coordinates with team members and other service support groups to resolve incidents and requests effectively within service level expectations.
- Use management tools to update help requests, communicate with customers, and capture meaningful information to help establish standards and metrics to support future resolutions of incidents and requests.
- Proactively anticipates and resolves problems, and participates in creating conditions and processes to support change.
- Responsible for knowledge of IT policies and procedures, hardware, software, and technical services, including conflict of interest and other confidential information.
- Assists in developing and following best practices, procedures, and shares knowledge with team members.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Experience working in a team setting
- Experience working with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to a dynamic environment
- Must have strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Experience in customer support/service role
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and approachable
- Provide quality service to a wide variety of customers
Work Hours and Location
We need students who can commit to 12-20 hours a week and can work 3 days a week. Hours range from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. There may be opportunities for evening and weekend hours for special projects. The work assignment is mainly Central Campus, with limited opportunities on North and South Campus.
Starting rate is $9.25 to depending on experience. There will be two opportunities per year for raises; pay increases are based on merit.
Interested students should complete the online application.
If you experience any problems with the online application or technical evaluation, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.