Information and Technology Services is seeking motivated and hardworking student staff to assist in day-to-day efforts in a Next Gen computing initiative called MiWorkspace. Hires will assist in the development, build, and test of MiWorkspace technology infrastructure.
- Prepare, modify and analyze moderately complex computer programs by preparing and translating flow charts and block diagrams
- Develop test data and test routines and document program procedures
- Modify and amend established programs
- Assist in the definition of problems and in the conversion of programs for various computer models
- Will work in either the Print, Test/Process, Windows, or Mac components of MiWorkspace
- Other duties as assigned
Learn about leading edge, core technologies at the University of Michigan. Be a part of a multi-disciplined dynamic team working towards a common goal.
- Experience working in a team setting
- Experience working with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to on the job changes
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Experience defining and implementing process improvements
- Ability to:
- test technical requirements and report findings
- document technical processes
- be successful working in an open environment with multiple distractions
- Some technical understanding of TCP/IP networks
- Some technical understanding of Windows Print Server
- Some technical understanding of Windows and Mac Operating Systems (OS)
- Some experience support users in a technical environment
Work Hours and Location
- Hours: 15 to 20 hours per week
- Work Location: Administrative Services Building (ASB) on South Campus (near the football stadium). A U-M bus stop is located outside ASB.
$11.00 per hour.
Please email your resume to email@example.com for consideration.