We are looking for an individual with an analytical mind and an enthusiasm for customer service. As an Incident Coordinator for the University of Michigan’s Operational Excellence and Reporting Unit you will monitor service delivery, prepare reports, and interact with IT technicians, managers and customers in order to assure high quality service and customer satisfaction. The position provides many opportunities for learning about business practices within the IT industry. Training is provided.
- Oversee open incidents and requests from client orders. Make sure they are dispatched, responded to, and completed within the promised time frames
- Make metrics and performance indicators available to managers and staff
- Analyze service tickets and performance statistics to identify trends for improvement
- Effectively communicate to others
- Be successful working in an open environment with multiple distractions
- Monitor and coordinate multiple workstreams
- Learn about the IT industry’s best practices in Service Operation (ITIL)
- Learn how to determine business impact to IT Services
- Learn how to prioritize incidents and minimize disruption to the business
- Opportunities for data driven analysis
- Experience working in a team setting with minimal supervision
- Must be flexible and willing to adapt to on the job changes
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Some experience with data manipulation and reporting
- Experience with Incident Management in an IT Service Provider setting and Service Operation (ITIL) is a plus, but not necessary
Work Hours and Location
- These positions will require a commitment of 10-20 hours per week between the estimated hours of 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. The anticipated duration is for several months based on business need. Opportunities for June and July employment will be available to good performers.
- The work location is next to the Big House at Hoover and Green in the Administrative Services Building.
$9.00 per hour.